Friday, November 30, 2012

The "Fiscal Cliff"

The Fiscal Cliff, as defined by Mattea Kramer, refers to cuts in budgets and tax increases that are meant to simultaneously take effect at the very beginning of next year.

A journalist from the businessweek states that Obama aims to reduce the effects of the fiscal cliff  or avoid it completely and missing the deadline to do so "would be a 'rude shock' for Americans". A representative of the Republican House however states that the result would be a "fiasco" and rejected the idea.


The Google search strategies had given me a faster search and more accurate results. The quotations got me the exact finds that I needed to answer the question. However, simply typing in the topic gave me helpful results as well so there was no problem. The only new strategy was the use of the "~" symbol. I never knew it could be used, however, I didn't have the chance to use it for this research. I plan on using each strategy depending on how well my search goes during my project.

No comments:

Post a Comment