Wednesday, May 15, 2013

What I got from it all (AKA Culminating Blog Post)

     Initially, I had intended to base my capstone project off on the video game industry by itself, though I was never able to find anything. Fortunately, my mother had worked for an advertising agency and was able to get me an internship under the creative department of the business. I was skeptical at first and being the quiet person I am didn't lead off to a great start on the first day. Though I had learned a bit about myself in that I am capable of doing things if I try.
   Through my interning, I was able to discover certain skills I never knew I had, Though there is one skill that seems to stand out to me among the rest: I am a self starter. When I began interning for Hofman|Lewis, I was only given a program and told what to make with it. The program was the professional Adobe applications. I had no previous knowledge of such products, though I had done some experimenting with them on my own in order to learn how to use it, and when I got stuck, I'd ask for help or search for tutorials or other information. Additionally, I had also gained skills through my time there as I have learned to step out of my comfort zone and I've learned of how the creative industry works considering the video game industry is a part of it.
     I've had some challenges that I've faced throughout my time as an intern, though there wasn't anything that I couldn't overcome. I had already known that certain things were essential in life after high school. Things such as working with others and asking for help, staying in contact with fellow employees, setting the right times for work, etc. I've had a fun experience and it's given me a sort of insite of what's to come on the path I'm currently leading.
     Above all, I support the capstone project as it has helped me understand what life could be like when I finish school.

No comments:

Post a Comment